Warning, this event was expired!
Cedar Creek Lake Media Bass Individuals Fishing Tournament
|Official Media Bass 2021 Rules For Texas (Penalty Infractions)|
|1. These Rules apply to all entrants of this tournament. Violation of any of these rules will warrant appropriate disciplinary action by Tournament Director. Any protest must be received in writing and signed within fifteen minutes of final check-in deadline to be taken literally. Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse entry of any person. Media Bass decisions will be final in all matters.|
2. State, Federal, and Local Laws must be obeyed.
3. Team Trail Entry Fee is $200 and includes Big Bass.
Individual Trail Entry Fee is $120 and includes Big Bass.
Individual Trail Little League (age 15 and under) Entry Fee is FREE.
Coaches for Little League may or may not be Individual Trail Contestants.
Full entry fee may be transferred to another tournament of same division if notified three days prior to tournament.
Payout May Include Polygraph Fees, State or Local Fees, and/or Insurance Fees.
Guaranteed 1st Place Prize Amounts Require a 25 Paid Entry Minimum to be In Effect.
4. All Entrants are subject to take a Polygraph Test. Failure to take and/or pass such a test will result in disqualification. Any person who has failed a polygraph test in connection with any bass tournament for cheating will not be eligible.
5. Firearms are allowed by CHL (Concealed Handgun License) holders and Law Enforcement Officers only.
6. Alcohol and Narcotics will not be allowed in the possession of contestants during tournament hours, unless prescription medicine. Alcoholic beverages are permitted after fifteen minutes of final check-in deadline (unless prohibited by the host marina).
7. Courtesy, Safe Boating, Sportsmanship and Conservation must be displayed at all times by contestants. A U.S. Coast Guard approved chest type PFD must be on and fastened anytime the combustion engine is in gear. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard standards. Jet-drive, air-cooled engines, or air-boats are not allowed. Outboard motors may not exceed boat manufacturers rating. All boats must have an emergency kill-switch and must be attached to the driver anytime the combustion engine is in gear.
8. All fishing must be done with artificial lures only. Pork is permitted. Only one rod and reel with not more than two separate lures with hooks may be used at a time by contestants. No trolling with the combustion engine is allowed. All fish must be caught in a legal and sporting manner during tournament hours from tournament waters. Contestants may not use any communication or video device for the sole purpose of locating or catching bass during tournament hours. Tracking devices inserted in bass may not be used by any contestant during or before the tournament. Hole-Sitting by or for entrants is not allowed.
9. With a pre-paid entry, Off-Limits Period of tournament waters for fishing, scouting, locating any bass, including shoreline spotting will begin at sundown on the night before a tournament.
Without a pre-paid entry, Off-Limits will begin on Thursday, Friday, and/or Saturday before a tournament. This rule is excepted when Media Bass events are held on consecutive days on the same water. Boat stalls, slips, or beaching of boats is allowed on the night before a tournament for convenience and easing of traffic at host marina.
10. Boats must have a permanently installed live well and an operating aeration system. Teams or Individuals may keep no more than 5 bass in the live well. There can be no culling of dead fish.
11. Scoring will be determined by the total weight of not more than 5 bass per Team/Individual meeting designated size requirements. Fish will be measured on a Pro-Rule measuring board with the tail closed. Ties for cash prizes will be settled by combining two cash awards and splitting the total between tied anglers and points will be awarded equally. During tournaments with more than one division participating, points will be allocated to a predetermined division while the payout includes each participating division.
12. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another tournament boat without mutual consent. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of any manmade structure of the host marina. No tube, bank, or wade fishing is allowed. Contestants may not leave the boat to gain access to fishing waters. All fishing must be in waters accessible from the main body of water.
13. Trailering to and from the weigh-in during tournament hours is not allowed, unless permitted by the Tournament Director for safety or emergency reasons. All fishing must be from a previously inspected boat.
14. Team Trail allows no more than two persons per boat. Individual Trail allows no more than one person per boat (with exception for Little and League Contestants). All persons in a boat must be a registered contestant.
15. Registration may be by mail (if postmarked on or before Monday prior to event) and at take-off site on morning of the tournament beginning at 5 a.m (unless instructed otherwise). Contact Tournament Director for additional times and locations. Entrants will receive boat I.D. numbers according to order received.
16. Tournament Hours and Check Points will be given at registration and are the responsibility of each entrant. Any boat ramp may be used however, all boats will take-off in a numbered order at first safe-light from host marina (unless otherwise instructed by Director). Weigh-In will be staggered in flight intervals.
17. Fishing Guides who have guided for black bass on tournament lake during two-months (60 days) prior to tournament and Anglers who participate in a National Circuit and have winnings of $50,000.00 or more during the previous calendar year will not be eligible to compete, unless said person has fished in the preceding tournament of same division. Championships are considered the final event in each division.
18. Upon entering this fishing tournament, contestants release MEDIA BASS officials and sponsors from liability of accidents, losses or thefts. Contestants are responsible for knowing and understanding these rules.
19. Penalties: There will be a 1/2 (.5) pound penalty deducted for each dead fish weighed-in. There will be a five (5) pound penalty deducted for any fish not meeting the predetermined size requirement brought to the scales, plus, a loss of same fish. Additional Penalties are considered for varying infractions. Contestants catch will not be counted, if not checked-in by the designated check-in time.
20. Postseason Qualification is determined by Team Members or Individuals who are present in at least four regular season tournaments in one division and:
A) By accumulated yearly points. One-half of the average attendance, of the largest four regular season tournaments per division, will qualify. Teams may use the same substitute angler twice during a season plus, any Post Season events.
B) Teams or Individuals who participate in all regular season events in one division.
21. Yearly Point Standings will be determined by a points and pounds system. First Place will receive 150 points plus, actual daily weight. Points will descend in increments of one. Teams or Individuals not weighing in will each recieve one-half of the last place points.
22. Membership Fee is $35 per person and is good for all Team and Individual Trail tournaments during the year 2021. This may be paid by mail, during tournament registration, or any other time prior to competing. Membership expires on the last day of 2021.