Cedar Creek Lake 2019 Top Highlights
As we ring in the 2020 new year, it’s amazing to see how much our Cedar Creek Lake community has progressed in the past 12 short months. Here’s a quick snapshot of just ten highlights from 2019 for the record books!
1. Hwy 334 Seven Points to GBC New Bridge Construction approved and major construction progress made toward planned completion in about one year.
June 2019 Youtube video courtesy Skyguys of Cedar Creek Lake 903-340-2234.
2. New Gun Barrel City Fire Station Opened to serve our growing population with great services for our community.
3.New Elder Cedar Creek Dealership Opened in Gun Barrel City-Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep & Ram with fantastic new and used car deals and automotive services.
4. Vernon’s Lakeside restaurant & bar opened to record crowds in Seven Points. And if that wasn’t enough, they later opened their hot new V’s High-End Speak-Easy Steak House adjoining the Restaurant! Got your secret password to get in??
5. Gun Barrel City celebrated its 50th anniversary. What a celebration City Team and Volunteers! Thank you for a memorable event!
6. W Haus owners David Westerfield and Thomas-Andreas K. Weigl opened their new Windsor Room & W456 establishments setting new standards for elegant dining & entertaining.
Four Cedar Creek Lake power-house performers upped their musical stage game on the national scene!
6. Riley Thompson of Mabank achieved National TV finals on American Idol
7. National recording artist, Kadie Lynn released successful new Music Video to thousands of Youtube video followers
8. Power House 14 year old TK Brown shoots for the stars with new hit Gun Barrel City song and more music awards than you can count on two hands!
9. Reese Norris East Texas Junior Artist of the Year hits the scene with a big voice and a large heart. Look for more to come from Reece in 2020!
10. Partners RJ Flowers and Joseph Hessley opened HF Family Table and Market in Malakoff to excited local and out of town customers. They’ve been non-stop ever since serving lavish, hand-crafted entrees, fine wines and beers and unique side dishes and accompaniments. Malakoff locals and Cedar Creekers are in a trance!
Well, 2019 is now in the history books. Did things turn out the way you hoped? What surprised you? How do you see 2020 as you approach the new year? And what do you look forward to as the new year begins? It’s our hope that your Cedar Creek Lake life is full of joy, prosperity and good health. Happy New Year! Eric Gore & Hank, Jr.